Custom Search

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Snacker 200km









These pictures were taken from the top of Ridge Park (a steep ass hill) in Newport Beach. The view is of the Santa Ana Mountains.



The Kentucky Fried Chicken Snacker

KFC has a Nutrition Calculator here.



I had three of these Snackers during my ride. I was so hungry. I was surprised to see that each Snacker is bad for you. Even after eating three of them and I still fell well below the US RDA numbers on a 2,000 calorie day. My Powertap was 3,800 kj's so I think I was way way below the numbers. By the way, I don't know any Ultra Cyclist that can survive on 2,000 calories a day ;-)


Went out on a 122.5 mile ride yesterday and felt ok at the start. But by mile 85 I was fading fast, I was dehydrated and just wishing for the ride to be over. I underestimated my calorie deficit from Saturday's Fixed Gear climbing, and the heat of the day-- lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment